Website Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: 06/06/18.
By accessing this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions. All of the images, audio, text, eBooks, articles etc. contained on this website are the property of Fill the Silence Audio Co. You may not modify, copy, alter or use for any commercial purpose, the materials on this website without gaining prior permission from Fill the Silence Audio Co. Fill the Silence Audio Co. cannot guarantee the accuracy of the website’s content, and it’s content may be updated or altered without notice. As such, Fill the Silence Audio Co. will not be liable for any damages brought about by use of its website or its website’s content.
When posting comments on this website’s blog, you agree not to post offensive, damaging, derogatory, defamatory, illegal, abusive, discriminatory or misleading information or content.
Mixing Terms of Service
The mixing service offered by Fill the Silence Audio Co. is subject to the following terms and conditions:
As described on the mixing page of our website, the service offered is the audio mixing of your tracks.
During mixing, your tracks will receive:
- Gain staging
- Gating of drums where appropriate
- Management of individual track levels & pan positions
- Automation of levels, panning & plugins where appropriate
- The use of reverb and or delay where appropriate
Please be aware that your tracks WILL NOT receive any forms of editing such as alterations to timing or comping of multiple takes. Nor will your tracks undergo any vocal tuning or pitch correction.
Submission of tracks:
You should submit your tracks at their original sample rate and bit depth. All of the tracks should be the same length so that when each track is set to start from the same point, all of the tracks play in time.
- You will first receive a PayPal Invoice and a link to upload your tracks to our Drop Box account.
- Upon receipt of a cleared deposit, an initial mix (mix A) will be created and sent to you digitally. You can then suggest any changes or alterations that you would like to be made to the mix.
- A second mix (mix B) will then be carried out to incorporate your feedback and the song will be sent to you digitally for you to listen to. You may then submit a final list of changes that you would like to be made.
- The final mix (Mix C) will be created to incorporate your feedback and a PayPal invoice will then be sent to you for the remaining balance. Upon receipt of cleared payment, the final files will be sent to you.
- The initial mixes (A & B) will be ‘watermarked’ - Approx. 10 seconds from either the beginning or end of the song will be excluded from the files.
- The final mixes (C) of the songs, sent after the receipt of the remaining 50% balance, will not include a watermark.
All requirements for the first round of revisions should be sent as one single list. All requirements for the second round of revisions should be sent as another single list. Further requests cannot be added after each list has been sent.
Payment of deposit & balance:
A 50% deposit is required in order for mixing to commence. Upon receipt of a cleared payment of 50% of the total cost for all of the songs in the session, the initial mix and two further mixes based on your feedback will be created for each song. The remaining 50% must be paid for the final mixes to be sent. Upon receipt of a cleared payment of 50% of the total cost for all of the songs in the session, the final mixes of each of the songs will be sent.
All payments are processed by PayPal. You can pay by credit card, debit card or using your PayPal balance. A PayPal invoice will be emailed to you in order for you to make your payments. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
All songs will be sent to you digitally via a file transfer service such as DropBox. All songs for the project will be delivered at the same time during each stage of the process. Songs will not be sent individually or separate to the other songs which are being mixed as part of your order.
There are no charges to pay for delivery.
The two initial mixes of the songs are MP3 192 kbps format. A 192 kbps MP3 file will give you the opportunity to hear how your song sounds, but it isn’t a full quality file and cannot be burned to CD. The final mixes of the songs will be either 24 or 16 bit WAV files and will be at their original sample rate. WAV files can be burned to CD.
The time taken for completion is dependent on the size of the project. You will be provided with an estimated time of completion for the final mixes of all of the songs upon hiring us to mix your tracks.
In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, contracts for the supply of goods which are personalised are exempt from the right to cancel. Because the service offered by Fill the Silence Audio Co. involves the mixing of recordings of a client’s own material, the contract cannot be cancelled.
Duration of Contract:
The contract has no specific minimum or maximum duration. The contract shall remain in continuation until the delivery of the final mixes of the songs to the client. At this point, the contract shall be considered to have been fulfilled.
Fulfilling Our Contract:
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. In the unlikely event that you feel that we have not met our obligation, please contact us.
Complaint Handling Policy:
It is our upmost priority that you are satisfied with the mixes that you receive. In the highly unlikely event that you are dissatisfied, please contact us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can work together to resolve the matter.
Alternative Dispute Resolution:
In an instance where a consumer would like a neutral third party to handle a dispute, they can use The European Online Dispute Resolution Platform: